Peter can be booked to deliver his popular demonstrations and workshops for art groups and societies across the UK. Bringing with him a range of his work as examples, Peter will demonstrate his approach in an approximately 2 hour demonstration (with a break) whilst explaining his method, materials used and taking questions from the group.
In workshops, Peter will be on hand to both demonstrate and guide the group in recreating portrait, landscape or still life in either oils or acrylics. Workshops ideally work over a 4 - 6 hour time period (although this is flexible) with time given for both critique and discussion as well as opportunities to discuss your own work with Peter in further detail. Some reference images can be provided.
Demonstrations and workshops can run flexibly according to your set times, venue and are charged according to your location.
Peter can run the following demonstrations and workshops;
- Portrait Painting in Oils: Peter will paint a head-and-shoulders portrait, sharing his tips and suggestions on capturing a sitter using in a realistic way.
- Expressive Portrait Painting in Oils: Peter will paint a head-and-shoulders portrait using a more expressive and dynamic approach to mark making and use of colour.
- Portrait Drawing in Charcoal: Peter will draw a head-and-shoulders portrait, sharing his tips and suggestions on capturing a sitter using charcoal.
- Landscape in Oils or Acrylics: Peter will paint at least two different landscapes during this demonstration/workshop.
- Garden/Flowers Scene in Acrylics: Peter will paint a beautiful garden scene based from a scene at his studio at Claydon Estate during this demonstration/workshop.
- Still Life Painting in Oils or Acrylics: Peter will paint from life and demonstrate his approach to painting a still life arrangement.
- Figures in Oils: Peter will paint a scene such as a market, cafe or seaside where the main aspect of the painting will be people and figures.
- Art Critique / Art Clinic: This is a chance to bring your own work in and have positive, constructive feedback and guidance on how to develop your work further. If run as a workshop, students can carry on with their own projects with Peter assisting where needed. Suitable for all painting and drawing medias.
To book Peter to run an art workshop or demonstration for your art group or society, please contact him via the contact page.